We all want our kids to speak good Russian. But how about an even better proposition: speaking good Russian on the stage? This dream-come-true becomes possible at Malenkaya Kompaniya Children’s Theater!
At this Brooklyn theater your children develop and enhance their Russian language skills by engaging in fun and interactive theater activities. This place is not about boring books or dry grammar rules! It is about making Russian fun and applying it to fairy tales that we all know and love. Past productions include Masha and Three Bears, Bremenskie Muzykanty, and Kolobok, as well as tales by Kipling, Marshak, and Milne. These shows are creative, they are colorful, and they feature your children on the stage!
With today’s deal you can purchase up to a full semester (4 months) of Theater classes! Or you can try them out on a monthly basis.
$125 for One Month of Children’s Theater Classes ($165 Value)
~ Can buy up to four vouchers (months) per child (Each semester = 4 months = $500)
- How Do I Contact the Merchant?
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When Do Fall 2012 Classes Begin?
The classes for the Fall semester begin in September and run through January. With this deal, you can either buy one month of classes, or up to 4 months (full semester). Note: the deal is for Fall 2012 semester only.
- What is the Age Group for the Theater?
The studio welcomes children between ages of 5 and 15. Small groups are formed according to the children’s age and level of Russian language.
- About Malenkaya Kompaniya Children’s Theater:
Malenkaya Kompaniya is a non-profit organization, which aims to help your kids preserve Russian language and culture. Theater groups meet every weekend. There is a 45-minute Russian language session, followed by a 90-minute acting session. Children learn the basics of theatrical speech, stage movements, singing, and much much more! They also get to prepare stage decorations and costumes. Each group level has its own schedule.
The is a break between the second and third lessons, during which children have Theater-sponsored lunch and have a chance to interact/play with one another.
All classes are held in Russian. Furthermore, children are encouraged to speak with instructors and with each other in Russian. Every unknown word is defined and explained for the child.
- Past Productions On YouTube:
- “Since my older child (Larry) began to participate in studio activities, his confidence and sense of accomplishment have dramatically improved. Since the time when Daniel began attending the program his expressive language has improved as well as his ability to communicate in Russian.” Garik
- “Besides learning Russian in a formal setting, kids maintain and improve their language while performing on stage, doing arts and crafts, singing, or simply interacting with each other and the teachers in an informal, fun-filled atmosphere. Both of my daughters (ages 7 and 5) enjoy the studio immensely.” Elena
- “My daughter has been attending Malenkaya Kompaniya for the past 4 years, since she was 3 years old. She enjoys performing in drama shows, making beautiful crafts and singing Russian songs. We feel that the best way to preserve and develop her Russian is for her to be in the environment where she learns and uses the language while having fun at the same time. We all know how hard it is to keep Russian active once the kids start school and gain command of English. The teachers at the studio are committed to preserving our Russian heritage in the next generation of kids born here in the US.” Julia
- Do You Have Questions About the Deal?
Please e-mail email@example.com