$10 for “Traveling the Yiddishland” Tickets ($15 Value)
- Thursday, June 27, 7 PM
- The Brownstone: 224 E12 St., Manhattan
- Enjoy Yiddish History, Music, and Food
- About “Traveling the Yiddishland”:
Did you know that Yiddish is the new cool and hip language? Well, it is.
Created by Dmitri Zisl Slepovitch and in partnership with the National Yiddish Theater, Folksbiene, “Traveling the Yiddishland” is a musical journey across the routes of the Jewish history in the 20th century Eastern and Central Europe – brought to the modern audiences through the original videos and live performance.
– Learn about your roots and explore a vibrant Yiddish world with its millennial legacy
– Learn some coolest expressions in Yiddish and use them every day with your family and friends, at home and at work
– See the videos, listen to live music and songs that inspired our grandparents and are of inspiration and ground for our own identity
– Indulge yourself with Ashkenazic Jewish traditional food and drink
- “Traveling the Yiddishland” on YouTube:
- About Dmitri Zisl Slepovitch:
Having moved to the US in 2008, Dmitri Slepovitch brought with him a rich collection of Litvak musical folklore he had recorded with Dr. Nina Stepanskaya. Based on that collection, he created and co-produced a musical multimedia theater piece, “Traveling the Yiddishland” presented by the National Yiddish Theatre – Folksbiene. Dmitri Zisl Slepovitch has created and taught multiple courses, seminars, and workshops in music history, theory, ethnomusicology, organology, Jewish music, cultural studies, and Yiddish language in Europe, FSU, Canada, US, and Israel.
This voucher is your ticket. Please bring it to the Brownstone on the day of the performance
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.