Fanfare Ciočarlia, the thrilling 12-piece brass orchestra and one of the world’s most cherished Gypsy bands returns to NYC after ten years!
Fanfare’s breakneck speed, technical chops, ripping rhythms and sweet’ n sour horns have been sampled and covered, championed and emulated by countless DJs, bands and Gypsy orchestras.
Do not miss today’s deal, which brings you tickets to the Fanfare Ciočarlia concert at 30% off.
$24.50 for Fanfare Ciočarlia Concert Ticket ($35 Value)
- September 22, 2012, 7:30 PM
- Michael Schimmel Center for the Arts (Pace University)
- About Fanfare Ciočarlia Band:
Fanfare Ciocărlia is a popular twelve-piece Gypsy brass band from Romania. The band’s instrumental lineup includes trumpets, tenor and baritone horns, tubas, clarinets, saxophones, bass drum and percussion. Their musical style and song lyrics stem primarily from the traditions of Romani and Romanian folk dance music, but they also borrow freely from Turkish, Bulgarian, Serbian and Macedonian musical styles. They also incorporate a number of international tunes, including Hollywood and Bollywood music. They are best known for a very fast, high-energy sounds, sometimes performed at more than 200 beats per minute.
- Radio Paşcani (1998)
- Baro Biao – World Wide Wedding (1999)
- Iag Bari – The Gypsy Horns From The Mountains Beyond (2001)
- Gili Garabdi – Ancient Secrets of Gypsy Brass (2005)
- Queens and Kings (2007)
- LIVE! (2009)
- Balkan Brass Battle, Together with Boban & Marko Marcovic Orkestar (2011)
- Fanfare Ciočarlia on YouTube – Asfalt Tango:
- Fanfare Ciočarlia’s Official Website:
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org