Attention Russian movie fans! “Generation P” is coming to New York!
For many, “Generation P” is the most important film to come out of Russia in 20 years. Adapted from the iconic bestseller by Victor Pelevin, “Generation P” is a rude, fantastic, epic, funny, timely dispatch about Moscow in the ’90s – ground zero for money, fashion, glamour, sex, terror and the brand-driven logic which ended the Soviet Union and 75 years of Communism.
“Generation P” is opening in New York City on December 14, with shows in Manhattan and Brooklyn theaters.
$8 For GENERATION P Movie Ticket ($11 Value)
Playing in the following Theaters:
- Cinema Village (22 East 12th Street, Manhattan)
- Kent Theater (1170 Coney Island Avenue Brooklyn)
There will be several show times on each day. Precise times shall be announced by the theaters shortly and will then be posted on My Russian Deal’s website.
Directed by Victor Ginzburg, the film follows Babilen Tatarsky as he struggles to work and adapt to life in Moscow in the newly independent Russia. Babilen seems to have a natural talent for writing advertisement scripts, and so he begins working in an advertising agency which promotes Western brands, adapting their advertising campaigns to the “Russian mentality.”
“Generation P” (Generation “П”) is the first screen adaptation of Victor’s Pelevin’s famous novel. Even before its much-anticipated release earlier this year, the film generated a lot of buzz in Russia and beyond!
- Vladimir Epifancev as Babilen Tatarsky
- Mikhail Efremov as Leonid (Legion) Azadovsky
- Andrei Fomin as Morkovin
- Vladimir Menshov as Farsuk Farseykin
- Aleksandr Gordon as Hanin
- Oleg Taktarov as Vovchik
- Renata Litvinova as Alla
- Andrei Panin as Kolya
- Sergey Shnurov as Gireev
- Leonid Parfyonov
- Andrei Vasiliev
- Ivan Okhlobystin as Malyuta
- “A brave, head-spinning commentary on the potency of advertising and the seduction of the soul.” The New York Times
- “…A keyhole into the future of the entire world.” Time Out New York
- “A magnificent, surreal social satire…” Huffington Post
- “Virtuoso… A rare example of a Russian indie film…” Variety
This voucher is your ticket. Please bring it to the theater on the selected date. It is valid for any show time on that date.
Please e-mail email@example.com