Hear from an extraordinary panel of six members of Israel’s Knesset, with perspectives ranging from new immigrants to veterans, Jewish to Arab, and religious to secular, as they share their perspectives and insights in a remarkable discussion about the major issues in politics and policy.
Knesset Roundtable: Perspectives on Politics, Policy, and the Media in Israel ($15 for $29 Ticket)
- Wednesday, March 28, 2012, 8:15 PM
- 92 Street Y, Buttenwieser Hall
- About the event participants:
- MK Fania Kirshenbaum (Yisrael Beitenu)
- Ofir Akunis, Deputy Speaker of the Knesset (Likud)
- Yitzhak Cohen, Deputy Minister of Finance (Shas)
- MK Raleb Majadele (Labor)
- MK Ilan Gilon (Meretz)
- Ami Eden (editor-in-chief of the JTA)
- Jane Eisner (editor of The Forward)
- Gary Rosenblatt, (editor and publisher of The Jewish Week)
- Moderator Charlie Radin (News Director, Brandeis University and former Boston Globe Middle East and Far East Bureau Chief).
Following a year of epic turmoil, the Middle East could see historic change or crushing disappointments in the months ahead – developments with profound importance for Israel no matter what happens.
How Israel views the pressing political and policy issues that 2012 presents will be discussed by an extraordinary roundtable of six members of the Israeli Knesset and three American journalists. Learn what’s in store in Israeli politics behind the major headlines internationally and domestically.
92nd Street Y is a world-class nonprofit community and cultural center that connects people at every stage of life to the worlds of education, the arts, health and wellness, and Jewish life.
- I purchased this deal! What’s next?
Please bring your voucher to 92 Street Y on the day of the event and exchange it for your ticket.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org