This conference promises to be the event of the year! It is truly rare for so many of Israel’s political heavyweights to gather under one roof in New York City!
The Jerusalem Post is holding its first annual conference in New York on Israeli-US relations, featuring top personalities from Israel and the US, as well as the newspaper’s top editors and journalists. There will be key addresses and panel discussions on the major issues facing the Jewish people in the coming years. It is going to be an important event for anyone interested in the future of the Jewish State.
The Jerusalem Post Conference: Ehud Olmert, Alan Dershowitz, Michael Oren, and Others ($199 for $349 value)
- April 29, 2012, 9:00 AM-8:30 PM
- Marriott Marquis in Times Square
“The conference will feature speeches by and panel discussions with prominent personalities from Israel and the US, as well as Jerusalem Post editors, reporters and columnists.
This is a unique opportunity to attend what promises to be an exciting one-day conference on April 29 at one of New York’s finest hotels, and get the inside story from Israel at an event hosted by the top Jewish newspaper in the world." Steve Linde, Editor-in-Chief, The Jerusalem Post
- How many speakers will present?
There is a total of 28 (!) speakers scheduled to present at the conference.
- Who are some of the speakers?
- Ehud Olment led Israel through two wars and attempted to make peace as Israel’s prime minister from 2006 to 2009. Prior to that he had a 30-year political career in which he served as mayor of Jerusalem for a decade after serving in the Knesset on the Foreign Affairs and Defense, Finance, Education and Defense Budget committees. He has also served as minister-without-portfolio responsible for minority affairs and as minister of health.
- Gabi Ashkenazi was the chief of staff of the Israel Defense forces from 2007 to 2011. He served in the IDF for almost 40 years and was also the director-general of Israel’s Ministry of Defense in 2006. He attended the US Marine Corps Unniversity’s Command and Staff College and is a graduate of Harvard Business School.
- Alan M. Dershowitz is the Felix Frankfurter Professor of Law at Harvard Law School. His clients in the courtroom have included such well-known profiles as O.J. Simpson, Claus von Bülow, Mike Tyson and Patty Hearst. One of the world’s top Israel advocates and the author of dozens of books, Dershowitz has been called “America’s most public Jewish defender” and “Israel’s single most visible defender – the Jewish state’s lead attorney in the court of public opinion.”
- Danny Ayalon is Israel’s Deputy Foreign Minister and has served in Israel’s Foreign Service for over 20 years, including as political adviser to prime ministers Ehud Barak, Binyamin Netanyahu and Ariel Sharon. He was Israel’s Ambassador to the United States from 2002 to 2006 and has also held the position of co-chairman of Nefesh B’Nefesh.
- Meir Dagan served as the director of the Mossad (Israel’s Institute for Intelligence and Special Operations) under prime ministers Ariel Sharon, Ehud Olmert and Binyamin Netanyahu, from 2002 until 2011. He is known for his controversial opinions regarding the prudence of an attack on Iran’s nuclear facilities. He is the director of the Israel Ports Company and chairman of Gulliver Energy, Ltd.
- Michael Oren is Israel’s Ambassador to the United States. He is also a historian and prize-winning author and has been a visiting professor at Harvard, Yale and Georgetown. He made aliya from the US after graduating from college and served in the IDF in several of Israel’s wars. He has also been an Israeli emissary to Jewish refuseniks in the Soviet Union, an adviser to Israel’s delegation to the UN and the government’s director of Inter-Religious Affairs.
- Where can I learn more about the conference?
This voucher is your ticket to the Jerusalem Post Conference on April 29, 2012