Celebrate this Valentine’s Day with gorgeous Latin Jazz music by Chembo Corniel, who has been called “the bright light of Latin Jazz” by Latin Beat Magazine.
Your ticket includes full Latin dinner, live performance by Grammy-nominated Jazz Quintet and roses for all the ladies.
Valentine’s Day Celebration at Drom: $29 for Latin Dinner + Latin Jazz Quintet + Roses for All Ladies ($69 Value)
- DROM, 85 Avenue A, New York, NY 10009
- 2 Dates / 4 Show Times Available
- Thursday, February 14: 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM
- Thursday, February 14: 8:30 PM – 11:00 PM SOLD OUT
- Friday, February 15: 5:00 PM – 7:30 PM
- Friday, February 15: 7:30 PM – 10:00 PM SOLD OUT
Chembo honed his skills at The Harbor Conservatory for the Performing Arts in New York and at the prestigious La Escuela Nacional de Arte in Havana, Cuba under the direction of the great Chucho Valdés.
Chembo received a GRAMMY NOMINATION by NARAS IN 2009 for “BEST LATIN JAZZ ALBUM” for his 2009 CD release entitled Things I Wanted To Do. His touring credits are as long as his performing credits. Chembo has toured with many major artists throughout Europe, Asia, North & South America, and the Caribbean. Television credits include an appearance on the “Bill Cosby Show” He will be performing with his Grammy nominated quintet.
- Praise for Chembo Corniel:
- “Chembo Corniel is the consummate contemporary percussionist…whose technique is like adding hot spices to a cold salad and the blend of this group of musicians can make me sing forever.” Grady Tate, Jazz Vocalist
- “Corniel’s group wisely explores works from their musical peers, finding a balance between the past and present of New York Latin Jazz.” Chip Boaz, Latin Jazz Corner
- “This is wonderful work from top to bottom, and I can’t remember a newly released Latin-Jazz album I’ve enjoyed this much. It’s energetic but heavily romantic and furtively old-fashioned. Marc Meyers, JazzWax.com
- “This CD will surely be met with critical acclaim for its ability to transcend yet incorporate so many genres and styles of Jazz and Latin music.” Cathy Gruenfelder, Jazz Improv Magazine
DROM is one of Manhattan’s most sought after venues for world music and international sounds. Voted by Village Voice as “Best New Dance Club” last month in their Best of NYC issue, the club has a live stage for performances, a restaurant, bar and lounge.
Note: It is the customer’s responsibility to RSVP for the show time of his/her choice upon purchasing the vouchers. In case certain show time gets booked and sold out, My Russian Deal bears not responsibility and cannot issue refunds.
Please choose from one of the following 4 options and e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to state your preference and RSVP:
Please e-mail email@example.com